doll blog | LJ | ipernity | flickr | Withdoll tumblr | personal tumblr | poupeegirl | last.fm | Etsy shopBabble
I was tagged by Horris-chan
to do this~ :3Rules
1. You must posts these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 things about them.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the persons you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page to inform them they are tagged.
6. Not something like "you are tagged if you read that".
7. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
8. No tag backs.
10 things about me
Gosh, I'm terrible at these... umm...
1. In addition to the doll hobby my biggest passion is anime & manga, it can really lift my spirits if I'm feeling down (currently I'm obsessed with Shingeki no Kyojin)
2. I procrastinate a lot. But if I really decide that I'm going to do something, then I'll do it
3. Pretty much anything chocolate = ♥ For example, I don't like coffee, but if it's chocolate
coffee, hell I'll drink it.
4. I tend to get obsessed with certain singers/bands for a while and pretty much only play their songs 'til I get bored and change artists. Eventually I'll get back to them, though... until I grow bored again.
5. All crawling and flying bugs freak me out. Spiders and wasps (and moths) are the worst, but I'll even be startled by a butterfly if one suddenly flies towards my face. Bugs are scary, people.
6. I used to draw a lot, but ever since I got more into photography, I don't have as much time/energy for it. Most of my drawings are doomed to stay as sketches.
7. My quilty pleasure is otome games and CDs. Mostly because I love listening to my favourite seiyuus' voices. ♥ But especially the games can be fun to play, too. I generally play games where dating is one aspect of it (I used to be obsessed with Harvest Moon, though nowadays I only play Rune Factory as I find that more interesting)
8. I'm the type of person who prefers to have a few close & trusted friends, rather than knowing a lot of people. I'm also socially awkward so making friends is pretty difficult for me to begin with.
9. I'm on facebook only to keep in touch with people from the university. I don't like using it and I often forget to log in there for weeks.
10. Final fact, I wish I had something fancy here, uhh... I like learning new languages and counting my mother tongue, I can speak six different languages. Not all of them perfectly, but I get by: Finnish, English, Japanese, German, Swedish & (recent addition) Russian. I still want to learn at least Korean 'cause that would be especially helpful with the doll hobby 'n' all.
Whew, that took me ages. x__x I'm not an interesting person so it's hard coming up with facts about myself lol. But well, then the 10 questions
that I was given:
1.How did you come across this hobby.? Where you introduced or where you derping (messing around) on the internet.?
Well, one day in February~March 2005 I was talking with yenna-photo on IRC when she linked me Dream of Doll's Yen and said that she wants to buy this doll. At first I was like "uhh... okay..." but decided to take a look around the website anyway, 'cause I thought that the dolls looked really pretty. Originally I thought they were made of porcelain, lol. x'D Then I noticed the prices and was like "Pfft, noooo, never..." 'til I stumbled upon their U (with the martial arts styling, black wig & red eyes). Something just clicked and I really wanted him. So I got him and... eight years later, here I am.
2. Do you like to watch reviews before you get a doll, or just buy it from what you see on the company site.?
Hmm, well, I like to do research, whenever possible. Like trying to find owner photos and what sorts of comments people might have of the body and the like... sometimes with new companies there isn't that kind of possibility, though, so I try to figure out what I can by looking at their photos. In the beginning I was more dependant on doing research, but over the years I've gained more experience (for example, I can usually imagine how the dolls look without the company face up even if they don't have blank photos available)... so nowadays I mostly just do research on resin colours, especially if I'm planning to hybrid a head with another company's body.
3. What kind of clothes do you like your dolls to wear, generally.? (Relaxed/Baggy, Cute, Hipster, Dark, etc.)
Depends on the doll. My mafia guys are pretty strictly formal wear only, especially Mihail only ever wears suits (and the Heise uniform, because I have a fetish /shot). My human minis wear mostly casual clothes... and the kind of clothes that I like myself (punk, mori, lolita, gothic etc). My fantasy characters' style is kinda hard to define. Well, I'm sure everyone can see from their photos what they wear, haha. x'D
4.What is your favorite company.?
Hmm, depends how you define it. If you ask me which company's dolls are my most favourite ones, then I'm going to say Dollshe and Bimong. But if you ask specifically about a company, then I will say Withdoll. They have the best customer service I've come across so far... and, well, I keep in contact with their rep, so you could say my relationship with them is more personal than with other companies.
5. Are your dolls inspired by someone, (from a game, movie, manga/anime, etc.) or were they a character you made.?
They are my original characters, but obviously they've been inspired by characters that I've liked, subconsciously or consciously. The easiest example is Hisoka. His appearance was inspired by Shin from NANA, and his name comes from Yami no Matsuei's Hisoka. His surname (Shirogane) is from one of my first manga crushes (don't judge me), Ryou from Tokyo Mew Mew. These were all conscious choices. Then I also noticed that I have subconsciously made his personality similar to that of Hiroshi from Gravitation... and actually his relationship with Kei has a lot of similarities with Hiro/Shuichi. Yeah, I like Gravitation (manga, the anime not so much) quite a bit. x'D
Oh, and I could also share a doll of mine who was influenced by another doll owner: Jon. I fell in love with MsDeath's IOS Mezz, Jacob, and wanted a cool Mezz for myself too. >///< ♥ Thus, I created Jon.
6. What do you love most about this hobby.?
Hmm... being creative with my dolls, I suppose. I love coming up with how I'd style them and what kind of character I'd make them into... sometimes they may end up changing from my original plans quite a bit, though. But the creation process is a lot of fun. And of course, I enjoy taking photos of them and sewing clothes for them... and now I've gotten back into doing face ups, so that's something I like doing too (although occasionally it can be frustrating). My most favourite dolls I sometimes "play with" off camera too... I change their clothes, style their wigs and pose them (Mihail, being my long awaited grail doll, gets to suffer from this more often than the others lol). And whenever I don't have the time/energy to do anything with them, I just like looking at them. Owning pretty things makes me happy I guess, haha. xD
7. What kind of music do your dolls listen to.? (genre, band, musician, etc.)
I haven't thought about this in much detail, honestly. The same with their favourite foods. But I guess in case of Ilya, I'd imagine he likes listening to classical music... since he's so sophisticated. xD With guys from my mini crew (Hisoka, Jae Sun etc), I'd imagine they listen to rock music and the like. Jae himself is in a rock band, actually (he's the guitarist). Girls... well, I don't know. I really don't spend a lot of time thinking about this, haha. x'D Perhaps I should, but... I'm more inclined to think about their relationships and personalities.
8. Where do you keep your dolls.? In their boxes, on a shelf, In their box on a shelf.? x)
I have two showcases where I display them with props. At least for now they fit in with props. With the bigger dolls it's more cramped, especially now that yenna-photo's Lin is visiting. I'm not sure if René will fit in with Nyx & Mihail when he arrives, I may need to rearrange. x'D My minis have quite a bit of room now that some of them don't have bodies atm.
9.Do your dolls have tattoos.? If so, did you make the design or did you see it somewhere.?
Currently the only one with a tattoo is Kei, though others are supposed to have tattoos too. I kind of suck with tattoos (and I'm lazy), so Hisoka and Mihail are missing theirs. Ilya and Jon would obviously also have tattoos if they had bodies... mafia tattoos. That's what Mihail is lacking too. I don't know if I'll ever have to skill to paint them, so it might be that the doll versions won't have them. They're 97% of the time clothed in suits, anyway, so it's not like they'd show. x'D But Hisoka will definitely need his spider tattoo on his back. Kei's tattoo is a spiderweb on his left arm. They have matching tattoos 'cause they have this bromance going on, yeah.
10. Which doll do you spoil the most.? 1. How would you describe the doll hobby in three words?
It used to be Jae Sun (I bought Leeke boots, Anotherspace clothes & accessories for him back in the day), then it was Kei (he has a couple of outfits from Fairyland and Angell-Studio) but now it's Mihail (and René once he arrives) with his Sadol clothes and Heisejinyao uniform... his Crobidoll shoes are also the most expensive doll shoes I own at the moment. 'cause, well, he's my grail doll, so he only deserves the best. u///u ♥ Dollshe men look fab in suits anyway. And I don't have the skill to sew suits. My other dolls will have to deal with whatever I can make for them, pffft. x'D
Well, that was pretty fun. Now I'm supposed to come up with 10 questions myself? Gahh, I suck at this even more... ummm...
2. Do you have a sculpt that you really love, but can't imagine owning yourself? If you do, which one?
3. Has this hobby inspired you to gain a skill that you might not have thought of acquiring otherwise?
4. As a photography enthusiast: What kind of camera do you have? If it's a DSLR, what lenses do you use for doll photography?
5. Have you taken your dolls abroad for photography purposes? If so, where? If not, where would you like to take them?
6. Are you the type who likes to have characters for your dolls, or do you just collect sculpts that you like?
7. If you sew clothes, make accessories, paint face ups etc, do you only apply these skills to your own dolls or do you offer commissionable services?
8. Do you actively participate in the doll community (forums etc), or do you prefer to keep to yourself?
9. How long have you been in the hobby? Do you see yourself continuing with the hobby for years to come?
10. What is the most memorable moment for you in this hobby?
I'm sorry if the questions are boring, I lack imagination for these types of things. x_x;
And tagging, uhh... I'm not sure how many of you have done this already. If you haven't done this and would like to, give me a shout in the comments and I'll tag you. ^^
These two will be automatically tagged, though, hohoho:
I don't have a doll FAQ and I don't plan to make one. I'm not an encyclopedia for general doll stuff, though I won't mind answering more specific questions about my own dolls. Den of Angels is a place where you can learn more about this hobby. Also, Google.
CSS by Infinite705 | custom by fuyuhime